Wednesday 29 September 2010

12 Days of Christmas

Ready for some festive sewing?
This free mystery BOM will be released in 6 parts over 6 weeks
Each Wednesday






It’s nearly Christmas and that means there’s just a little time left for some seasonal sewing. At this time of year I give up ideas that my UFO shelf is going to be finished…and move onto sewing something simple (ish) for Christmas. Every year when I unpack our decoration box, I always find something that I forgot we had – I love these moments. We usually also find out that our lights have gone missing again…(we end up buying new ones each year!) and every year without fail, we decide that we need more Christmas themed tablecloths, table runners, wall quilts…. Home sewn items that make Christmas special.


It’s like Christmas baking, you could buy most of what you make, but there’s something special and enduring about making it yourself. In a way, this wall hanging is a bit of a UFO – I have been meaning to make it for a few years and now it’s finally going to arrive. And it’s definitely a stash buster so that’s good too.

I think that the 12 days of Christmas is a charming carol and I love imaging all the presents arriving each day with a big bow over them.

Aside from the fun, some argue that this carol dating back to the 1600’s was sung to secretly teach and represent religious doctrines. (If you’re interested, you can read more about this here: )

This first week is all about paper piecing in tree themed greens ...

Let's get started!

17 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My gosh I just managed to put your button and link On My Blog .This looks like fun.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the long-haired cat in the photos required or optional?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to get started. I guess I had better begin thinking fabric. Oh goodness, I'm already behind. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is one I will actually get finished. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas and I'm excited to get started!
    Thank you for your generosity.
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much as I love Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like fun, count me in! I put your button on my blog and even made it clickable! I'm so proud of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am trying to figure out how to get the button on my blog, however I think that technology is yet beyond this brand new blogger. I'll keep trying though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds lovely and just what I need to get back to quilting!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks. I think I can get this one done by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me in!!!

    Thank you for all your hard work and generosity!

    SheilaC

    (putting your button on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will the rest also be paper piecing?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this diamondblocks and I'll try to make the 12 Christmas days.
    Greetings from Joke

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was there a new block posted for this week (September 29th) and did i miss it? This looks like a lot of fun and very doable for Christmas. Thanks Mary in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found this fabulous project and I love it. I'd love to join in. I'm already a week behind so I'd better stop reading blogs and get sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...