Tuesday 14 September 2010

In The Pink Part 6 is launched

Doesn't time fly by when you're having fun?
In the Pink finishes up this month. This last installment is short and sweet consisting of only finishing up instructions... although many of you went ahead and finished it with your own steam and they all look different and wonderful. Time to say goodbye to afternoons appliquing tulips....

I was really pleased to hear from Chris of http://cocoandpip.blogspot.com/ who is crocheting the same afghan as I am. She is working it in lilacs and I can't wait to see how hers turns out. It's always interesting to compare. Especially as I was in two minds over my final colour choice. I would love to see it worked up in different colours. 

I've had a busy month but still managed to stay on track with this afghan and am 18 blocks down. *Only* 90 need to be made so I am still some way off yet. Actually I would love to hear from anyone making this blanket as I am just a bit *tired* of the repetition already which is not a great sign. I will not allow it to become a crochet UFO (there simply isn't room) so I will persevere. But the more the merrier I say...

I  found a daphne bush which was a nice suprise and cut the rain drenched buds into bowls and my chaotic house smells like rain falling across rose gardens....lovely and calming...just what I need as I get myself organised for the Boms ahead and a few other ongoing projects.

 






Here I am toiling away at the kitchen table (well, my studio is full!) and my DD snapped a pic of me having a bad hair and paperwork day. Dream Fountain is on the table as I was writing up a piece about it.

Yes, In The Pink is finished, however it is not the last BOM on offer this year. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you have planned for us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther, Thank you so much for your wonderful In The Pink BOM haven't done the applique yet but I'm sure it will accompany me to many meetings until complete. This afghan caper is proving to be a little more difficult than anticipated- my school girl crochet is struggling to get from pattern to hook. But I will persist and post a pic soon. Chrisb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther, I love your In The Pink BOM it is beautiful. I can't wait to see what comes next. Your afghan is growing very well, nice colours. It shows you are good with colours. I'm also crocheting an afghan but a hexagon, easy one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be concerned about the bad hair day we all have them and you can just have a laugh that we too may not only have bad hair but in a pj's at 3pm having been surfing the net for hours!! lol
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following your afghan, can't wait to see more:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...