Saturday 26 March 2011

23 x Red Delicious Quilts Exhibit in SA



Imagine sitting down for your daily coffee break and reading this in your in-box:

Dear Esther ,
I am sending a photo of some of the Red Delicious quilts that were displayed at the Pt Elliot Quilt Show on the 26 and 27th of February .There were 23 Reds on display, I was amazed to see that so many finished their quilts . We had so many compliments about our lovely display of Red Delicious and there was a few who didn't believe that they all started out from the same pattern as the range of colours was very diverse . We had a photo in the local paper ( Victor Harbor Times) with our President and Vice President standing in front of a Big Red…-snip-

I don’t know what you would do, but I’m still swooning….

Sometimes people ask me why I offer free BOMs.
This is why! What a honour that so many quilters
have chosen to make my pattern.

Look at them...all the same, all so different...


23 x Red Delicious Quilts in one show.
Is this a record?
My heart is beating fast and I am beside myself!

I have never seen 23 of one quilt in any show. As this show was in a different state, I had no idea it was happening and I am completely proud and delighted that quilters I have never met, have made my Red Delicious. Thank you !

Were you there?
Did you go?
Want to send me some pics?

Don’t be shy - I always want to know what my patterns are getting up to!

Thank you so much Mardi, for sending me these images…

27 comments:

  1. I totally understand your excitement! Fabulous to see how different they all look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look so wonderful! It is truly amazing. I kind of really like the Blue Delicious also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. What a compliment to your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work! What a exhibition to visit, all the quilt makers must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a honour for your excellent and kind work for quilters around the world! Lovely pattern- beautiful quilts :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they liked your pattern, lol. They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unbelievable! What a treat, real eye-candy! I can believe you have red cheeks of excitement, this is a very big compliment for you, your ideas and patterns! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You earned this by yourself, providing us with such beautiful patterns! It's marvellous to see all those beautiful quilts, one pattern and so many varieties,beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely beautiful display of all those different "RED DELICIOUS"
    It is impossible to choose a favourite.
    No wonder you are so excited about all the quilts made out of your Free BOM.

    Congratulations to you and all the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this is sure a tribute to your great artistery and your selfless generosity. I am so happy that I am involved with the current BOM mind you those buds are getting to me LOL. I know I have learned so much just doing your Christmas BOM Thank you again for your generosity. Congrats to you enjoy the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can just feel your excitement... what a wonderful compliment for you and your amazing designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are fabulous and they are all so difrend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, they are all so beautiful!! What an honor and what a display!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Magnifique tous ces quilts,tous sont magnifiques et haut en couleurs.Toutes mes Félicitations à vous Esther pour ce magnifique modèle et à toutes les participantes..
    Amicalement

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful!! What a delight and honour for you. You are truely creative and generous with your patterns.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Esther
    What a thrill for you to see so many quilts of your design shown all at once! As you say, the same pattern but all so different.

    ReplyDelete
  17. one pattern and so many varieties. What a compliment to your design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is sooooooooooooooooooo fun to see that. You truly must be beside yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea. It is so fun to see how different people come up with different quilts using the same pattern. I am happy they chose your design.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are all so wonderful. It really is a terrific, artistic set to do. You deserve that honor. Don't know where SA is but maybe this will encourage more shows of your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As big as a compliment can get, you must walk around with a smile on your face all week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Would there be a chance of you offering this as an encore BOM in honor of this outpouring of love for this pattern? (Translation: I missed out and would love to have it, and I'm sure many others would too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fun to see 23 quilts - all the same and yet all so DIFFERENT.... and you as the designer should enjoy the excitement !!! Well done by all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is alot of Red Delicious. Our quilt show had 2 and thought that was good. It is a beautiful quilt, hard to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Unbelievable to have 23 of the same but yet so different quilt. Hard to pick a favorite. Our quilt show last year had 2 and thought that was good. Thanks for sharing your patterns with us.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is amazing to have 23 quilts of Red Delicious. One prettier than the next, couldn't pick a favorite. Thanks for sharing your patterns with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...