Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Going to AQC?

It’s just one week until my Binding Workshop at AQC! I’m really looking forward to it. Are you coming to AQC?

I will be there for the entire show and look forward to catching up with some of you. I’ll let you know what I’ll be getting up to later in the week.




Last week Debbie from Bernina came to visit me and delivered a Bernina Aurora 440 Quilters Edition, along with all the feet I need for me to get a feel for the machine prior to the workshop.

This is so important because on the day I don’t want to be fiddling around with an unfamiliar machine. There’s too much to get through!

I am really impressed with how helpful Debbie and Bernina have been. I am so used to the temperament of my own machines that having a brand spanking new one in the house has been a bit exciting. Sadly, it’s not for keeps and I will be returning it next week.

I posted my quilts Red Delicious and Dream Fountain off to Paducah last week by Express Courier and am really excited to be part of the show again this year. I was a bit taken aback at how expensive shipping quilts around the world is getting…is it just me, or are the increases getting unreasonable??



On Friday my computer start button, the bit you push in to fire up the machine dropped into the machine and I was out of action. I struggle with computer software on a daily basis, so when the hardware plays up as well….it’s too much. Luckily my suffering DH knows what’s what and went out and purchased a new motor with hundreds of wires attached ( I had a hot flush just looking at this ‘piece’) and then stayed up late fixing the new motor start thing into position. Mr Fix It ! Needless to say I was super impressed. I am very lucky because if it was left to me, I would still be offline.

Today I have enrolled in Quilt University and I hope this will being me closer to understanding EQ7. After all the messes I have made with it, sighs, this is my last attempt to try and make my designs and EQ7’s software compatible.

Has anyone done this online course? Did it help you?

11 comments:

  1. Paul and I will be at AQC for take down. Might see you then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't want to give that machine back, I liked mine so much I bought a 2nd one! (the 2nd one was bought of someone who won one so cheaper than it had been normally). And bless them, when caught short on my servicing schedule Bernina lent me a 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your husband is like mine.. VERY much appreciated!! I love mine dearly.. he is the light of my live.. and gets me out of some silly fixes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to love that machine, not sure if you will want to give it back, I just love mine, it doesn't leave the house. I have an older one for classes, someone always forgets their machine!!!!
    And yes, postage is really getting high these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to AQC on Friday with my quilt group I'll keep an eye out so I can say hello Esther. Julia from Julia's Place http://creativeribbons.blogspot.com/ has done the course and loved it, I think she might still be doing it. I might have to do it when I get my desktop computer fixed, I really wish it was compatible with the Mac too...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have taken two EQ classes through QU and they really helped. However, getting good with the program requires practice, practice, practice. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had good luck with the eq classes, too. But, Gari's right. You have to practice as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got one of these sewing machine for Christmas and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have to DO the exercises or lessons, not just mentally while you read the lesson, but really click make and save as the lesson goes on. Yes they help....

    Again, you have to DO the exercises and read all the lines and not think = oh I know that, you may know 75% but it is the other 25% that finishes out "the puzzle" and makes it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just completed a QU class - EQ7 Sampler and yesterday the next one started...EQ7 Building blocks - all good ! I have a 440QE and its really good. You will love it :)
    Took me a while to get used to - but great now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lessons that come in the program (in the Help Menu) are extremely good and very detailed - with diagrams and pictures. I can highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and I read every comment, thanks for taking the time to comment today

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...