Wednesday 14 December 2011

WOW: Christmas Stenciling, Sorting and Winding Down

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...and whilst many of you will be too busy to WIP over the festive weeks, I have decided to keep on with WOW because I love catching up with you all each week - even for just a few moments away from my To-Do List!





I've finally stencilled our Christmas Table Cloth in red, using the Red December pattern (I used the side border and centre blocks to create my table design.) It's classically Christmas and I love it already. I finished it yesterday and I am now winding down my sewing. It's time to relax, tidy up my studio and get into some Festive Baking with my DD'S.

This morning I started early on an important chore - refolding all my quilts. How exhausting! I'd forgotten how many there were, and had to stop to enjoy and fall in love with them all over again (well, quilts are beautiful!).





They have been around and about a fair bit this year at Guest Speaking occassions and it was time to give them a good shake out and re-fold. Actually I think that in the New Year I will start rolling them all up (to store them) around a cylinder as I want to avoid creases. The quilt cupboard is now neat again so I can think about the best way to store them in the meantime.

8 comments:

  1. The only way I can through the season is to take a few minutes each day for my therapy which is quilting.

    Merriest of days, Esther. God's blessings in the coming New Year!
    I'm posting a little early here as tomorrow is super busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I read about the supplies you use when you do your stenciling? I'm thinking I could possibly get a table cloth or runner done this way, and gosh didn't yours turn out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your stencilproject looks great! And I love the quilt with roses - you make such wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello ...its really WOW...so beautiful your table runner is... the red coloursparks and give a feeling cherished and happiness... perfect stenciling...I wish I can participate in your part but I never do quilts before... but now a days I am very tempt with that...may be some day and sure than I will join you... right now I am going to check every post
    Happy if you come to see me at
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    with love from
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh me...me!!! I'll volunteer to refold those quilts......they are just so gorgeous, what a magical closet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beautiful quilt your folding. And I love your stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stenciled table cloth. It is festive, holiday cheer.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love the quilt you are folding it's just amazing. Well enjoy your holiday. Regards Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...