Friday 27 April 2012

A little bit of fresh air...


Winter has a beauty all it's own, so when my DH had some time to spare yesterday, we decided to go for a drive and take in some fresh air. Yes, I have a long list of things to do, but sometimes you just have to stop and appreciate the trees...and I'd rather admire tree moss than do the ironing!




I love toadstools and mushrooms of all kinds too, especially the poisonous ones, they seem to be the most picturesque!



On the drive home, this rainbow was 'following' us. We couldn't stop as we were on a freeway, and this picture is through the car window... but it really made my day to see such a radiant rainbow streaming colours through the gloomy rainclouds.


It's really the simple things that are so wonderful.

7 comments:

  1. It's a double rainbow!!!!!!!! How lucky you were. I agree with you Esther, it the simple things or special surprises people do for you. Cheers Glenda PS Wonderful news regarding HD it is such a beautiful beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to stop and take in the beauty of our world. You certainly deserve it for all you do. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did I read correctly from AQS site? Didn't your Heart's Desire receive an honorable mention in Paducah? congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice travel log, Esther. I love to see these - they soothe the soul. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, Esther. I rather see the trees and moss than iron too!

    Hazle

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to take some time to spend with DHs, too. Sometimes we get so involved in our quilting passions that we forget our DHs... At least I do...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just returned home from Paducah and saw your beautiful quilt in person wearing a ribbon. Congratulations on being recognized and for so generously sharing your quilt pattern on your site.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...