Wednesday 18 April 2012

WOW: Learning Curves

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays


Remember when I asked your opinion about whether or not to get a Kindle? You overwhelmingly thought it was a great idea, most of you recommended it and many of you told me how much you loved yours. I knew nothing would ever replace books for me, but I also knew I was tired of carrying multiple books around when travelling.

Well, I have wanted a Kindle for a while now, but with one thing and another, hadn't given it much thought since that post last year...well not until DH bought home a tablet for us each last week.

Excited? Not really, at first I thought it was just another piece of technology 'I was going to have to adapt to'...and I was right, it has been a learning curve! However I have since realised the advantage of a tablet for me is browsing the web, checking emails and reading without the need of a 3.5kg laptop- which can get cumbersome when travelling. I'm still getting used to my new gadget, but am growing very keen on it already. I would never have wanted one before I got used to mine, but now I am starting to really love pulling out a slim journal sized 'access portal', wherever and whenever I want.

With the new tablet in the house, I decided to get savvier all round and have also enrolled in a Step On Pins online class and am working though my lessons...and I have to say, I am starting to get the hang of it! 5 years ago I would never have thought that my quilting interest would become so technically based, I had no intention of doing 'computer related things' and now I find that so much revolves around technology, I don't know how we lived without it!

Today I am working through a Step On Pins online Class...and I'm actually looking forward to it!

How's your wednesday?


3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when the technology works for you! Sounds like your classes are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Esther, don't know what happened when I tried to add the photo, I can't see how to delete my link? The link itself works, but it's not a very flattering picture of a frog!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Esther....I LOVE my tablet...at first it was a bit frustrating....okay okay...it was real frustrating, but learn something new each day and before you know it you will wonder how you ever lived without it. I find it endlessly fascinating....I especially like it for web browsing, watching video, online classes are terrific because this little device sits right in front of me at my work table....oh and wait till you find some of the COOL apps out there!
    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...