Monday 16 July 2012

Morning Glory, details


Morning Glory
This is a block from Part 6 of my free 2012 Mystery BOM Forget Me Not


This month, I've chosen the Morning Glory block for my dark background version of this quilt.
Each month I have to select one for my yellow background and one for my dark background; I thought this would be a hard choice to face each month, but I'm finding that the flowers really choose themselves.

Depending on your own background, you might opt for light blue down into deep purples for your own Morning Glory block.

..turn edge flower heads using Floriani..

Like my previous blocks, I will also be embellishing the flower head with stitches to add texture and I've penciled in some shading and heat set it with an iron to make it permanent.


Again, I'm using Floriani stitch and wash fusible...


To create leaf texture for the veins, I stitched in "reverse"; which just means that I put thicker thread in the bobbin and stitched on the wrong side of the fabric to develop the stitches on the right side of the fabric.

 trim

 turn the edges


I've double stitched these vein lines




This is a block from Part 6
of my free 2012 Mystery BOM Forget Me Not
You can download this month's block via my website or my Yahoo Bom Group 


8 comments:

  1. Hey, I really like the effect of the upside down stitching for the leaves. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,wow, WOW!!! Absolutely wonderful! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, morning glories are a favorite of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these morning glories are wonderful! I love the detail on the leaves.
    Have a great day,
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Esther, I am sorry but i have a problem dowloading your BOm. It's happened before and again now and last month. I've tried on 3 different days, but the page won't open after I click on "download this month's block". Can you help me ?
    Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Esther,

    I've just tried again to download your two lovely blocks without any success.

    I'd like to join your yahoo group but don't seem to be able to access it either.

    Any help would be appreciated, Sweet Peas are one of my favourite flowers.

    Sandi in New Westminster B.C,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am new to this BOM and the month 7 is my first block. I love the effect of using color pencils for shading detail. How well does the pencil hold up to washing? If I use the stitch and wash will washing away the the webbing also wash away the pencil? Can I use pencil on a bed quilt or just a wall hanging?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...