Wednesday 18 July 2012

WOW: Hooky Cat Mat

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays


Mum, what are you doing?
Oh, just hooking up a cat mat...

It's not like I don't have hundreds of other things to do, but some WIPs turn out to be on the spot WIPs. Since our much loved cat died, the one eyed naughty neighbourhood black cat has been coming over quite a bit. Our cat used to really dislike his visits, and I discouraged him, but now I don't mind anymore as he isn't disturbing us in any way. We don't feed him or encourage him. He simply does 'his rounds' of a morning and they include stopping by our kitchen door to say hello. Later in the day he returns and watches me working or sewing in my sewing studio. I mean, he sits there for hours, just watching and occasionally talking for a bit before watching again.

I've been sorting through my fabrics and found some prints which I decided to hook up into a mat to put outside on the step. I forgot how quick and easy this is. And also, addictive. Like all crochet, once you start you can't stop.

 nearly done...


 I haven't hooked one of these for, oh...maybe 20 years...perhaps even longer...
Has anyone else found an excuse to hook their fabric into a rug??

What's going on in your wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. What a lucky kitty indeed! I've often thought about doing a fabric hooked rug but it still remains on the ever growing to-do list.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this all the time, but I use the selvedge edges of my fabric. I'm also using some of the poly-cotton blend fabrics that I inherited from my Mother.
    I even have friends saving me their selvedge edges too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never hooked a rug but if I knew how I could probably make wall to wall rugs, with all my stash. LOL
    Cute cat and rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you have got me thinking Esther, I have this pile of fabrics I have no idea where they came from and they are ones I will never use but will be perfect for a rug, off to pull them out and start yet another project but one that will be just worked on in the sun midday when I'm having my lunch. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day Esther,
    Looks like you've been 'adopted'!!!! You've gotta love that one eyed Cat! He looks like he has SUCH a story to tell. Cheers Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there a pattern that you can point us to?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...