Wednesday 23 January 2013

WOW: Finding My Patterns

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays


Downsizing doesn't get any easier. I wish I could report on my progress since last week, but there's been so little of it. I thought I had enough room for the essentials, but it looks like I'm going to have to re-think what those essentials are. I haven't even started on my stash yet, and looking at my boxes I know more than half has to go. But what to do with it? It's all so beautiful which is why I chose it to begin with..and that's what makes it so difficult to part with. I keep re-finding old ideas with each new batch of prints, even though I know full well that each new quilt usually requires the purchasing of new fabric. I have to get around this or I'll never have the space I need.

On the plus side, I found a folio of my quilt patterns and I'm having a good look over what I want to make and looking at my calendar thinking about reasonable dates to get around to making it. There's another BOM in here somewhere and I'm deciding between mainly pieced or mainly applique? I feel like some piece work after FMN, but applique never loses it's allure either.

What's your Wednesday?


3 comments:

  1. Oh your applique is just the most beautiful EVER.. please please. Don't leave the applique behind. I just recently did a downsize. DH and I moved a few years ago, and that inspired us to get rid of all of those old things that we hadn't touched in years. We would never get to those things, hadn't touched them. There is so much less to clean!! That, and we couldn't move only so much weight.. The down side to that not moving only so much weight was my craft stuff didn't make the cut.. I've been trying to slowly replace things. Those crafts that I don't do anymore haven't been replaced, but my quilting is one that is slowly being built back up. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, definitely applique, please please, Esther!

    Difficult, isn't it, to part with beautiful fabrics and patterns/magazines...

    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther, have I missed something? Are you moving? I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...