Wednesday 16 January 2013

WOW: Look What I found ...

 WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays


Look what I found this morning - I guess there really are some perks to clearing out your sewing room! I have loved this little Ming Dynasty Japanese vase for over 20 years! It's been missing for a good five years, I was sure I last saw it in my DDs bedroom, so I'll have to admit right now that I actually found it nestled in my aqua/yellow fabric stash. It was bundled up which must be how I missed it when I packed my fabric boxes up. I think I must have been matching it...for a table runner or a complimentary applique plate wall hanging, or maybe I just wanted to make some cotton serviettes to serve with tea and biscuits? They all sound like nice ideas.


This little find coupled with the fact that it's Wednesday and I don't have any WIP progress to show because of my sewing room situation, makes me all the more determined to make more progress today.

What's your WOW?

5 comments:

  1. Wat een beautiful Janpanese vase you have found.
    Greetings Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely vase. I can see a beautiful applique block from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous vase so happy you found it. I am too late to link my blog boo hoo.
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article! Thanks for sharing and more power to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I came to your blog and read what you had written about cleaning your sewing room, I just had to laugh! I'm in the middle of the same thing and, yes, it is taking a lot of time!! But this post really resounded with me - I'm always finding "buried treasures" while cleaning!
    Good luck with your efforts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...