Wednesday 5 June 2013

Georgian on my mind...



WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays


(I'm sorry to post WOW late today, I've been offline with modem troubles
and am not savvy enough to WOW via my mobile in a cafe)
 
What a beautiful dress, and what an intriguing (era specific) colour.
These two things are very much on my mind today; colour and design.

I'm picking through color schemes and thinking about what it must have been like to be an English  woman of the Georgian era.

What did Georgian England look like? What interior colours dominated? Were popular? Were considered gaudy? Which greens and yellows predominated and how quickly can I find some suitable Denmark Chintz? Who made quilts in 1790? What would that woman's life have looked like? What did she wear?

Oh yes, I've got Georgian on my mind...can you guess why?

What's Your WOW?  

10 comments:

  1. I am intrigued! I hope it is the next BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a color in the next block of the month! Mmmm, I've some silk dupioni in that color!
    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, if this is for your next BOM then I am in. I love the style of old English quilts,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Heart is pounding LOL I do love that era. Lots of gold and glitz etc. I can't wait to see what you are doing the suspense is killing us all. Hugs and am so looking forward to your amazing creativity. Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! I would love to go to a fancy ball wearing something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm - will the next BOM have beading? That is a beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mustard colour is lovely. The next BOM??? I don't think I could have managed to carry the weight of those dresses if I had lived in that era.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dress :-) it just has to be the theme for the next BOM:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing derss! Thanks for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esther, when I was in high school and college, I was fascinated by the novels written by Georgette Heyer. They were all about the Georgian and Regency periods of history. Your research reminds me so much of them. Can't wait to see what you're creating. Do you have a start date yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...