Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Love Entwined: Search Update 1


'a fine linen marriage coverlet'
where are you?

Well it seems several of you have enthusiastically taken up the call to find this treasure of a quilt!

What a faulous response and to keep us all up to date, I will list what has been investigated so that no one need double up or spend time unnecessarily. Please email me directly OR leave a comment to list any searching you have undertaken below this post and I will keep updating it until this quilt is found.

The Search List:

Elaine has managed to confirm (via the Museum Curator Heather Audin) that it is not in the collection of:
  • The Quilt Museum and Gallery
  • The Quilters' Guild of the British Isles
 
Contacted, awaiting response:

  • Quilt museum in York (run by the Guild) (Elaine)
  • V & A in London (Elaine)

I know that some of you emailed to let me know that you intended to contact several groups, I will update your findings when I receive them

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Hi Esther, just to confirm - the Quilt Museum in York is the same as the Quilt museum & gallery - it houses the collection of the Quilt Guild of the British Isles. I am still waiting a response from the V & A, but as I think all of their collection is online and it is not listed, they probably don't have it :)

Dolores said...

What great news. I hope someone in the UK will come up with an answer. I wonder if it would be worth taking out an ad? "Have you seen this quilt? Last known sighting...etc."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

Followers