Wednesday 19 June 2013

WOW: Say Chintz!

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays

 
I feel like I've been in a Georgian whirlwind this past week! Usually I like to quilt for 3-4 hours a day during the week with weekends reserved for family time, but these last few days I've been onto this subject and pattern with all day intensity.
 

I came across a clearer image of the 'love coverlet' and decided to make some changes to my pattern. Whilst this BOM is not a re-manufacture of the original, I don't want unnecessary elements outside the style theme in there! I thought I saw birds, there weren't birds, they had to go. It's all for the benefit of the quilt and worth the extra waiting time. I do apologise for those of you on the edge of your seat, waiting for the first block, I understand! I felt exactly the same when I started the pattern, it gets under your skin.
I've finally decided to use chintz throughout this quilt
I'm still debating whether to go with a light or dark background (leaning towards light) but it will depend on the tone match I can find when I buy my chintz range. I will post details once I have decided where to purchase. In the last few days I was lucky enough to come into some Chintz a friend was willing to part with and can see some good colour ways here - for fussy cutting and graduations, like flower petals.


I haven't made a chintz quilt before and look forward to it being another first in my quilting adventure! I love this glossy look, I can only hope the entire quilt has this gleam, but I do wonder if it will be harder to turn edge? I'll find out soon enough...

The Yahoo BOM Group has had 250 new members join in this last week and I know we're all excited to make a start, I'm sorry to keep you all waiting, but with my new image 'updates' I felt I had no choice.

The energy around this quilt already feels so wonderful, some quilts just have that 'something' about them which makes creating them extra special and I already know that this 'one' is one of those and we haven't even started yet.
Are you as excited as I am ??  Stay tuned...
 
What's Your WOW ?
 

11 comments:

  1. You are up early, Esther! I love your fabrics, they look wonderful! Yes, we are all waiting expectantly, but the delay only adds to the excitement about this quilt, so don't apologise! It will only be the better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you want the pattern to be perfect and I bet we all understand that! willing to wait for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric is beautifull
    we wait patiently!!
    I also bought the book here in the Netherlands, it has still another outside!
    I will thank you for share this beautiful quilt with us
    I go sleep it is nearly 23.30 and I must work tomorrow
    groet Ineke Marijnissen-van der Molen

    ReplyDelete
  4. please do not apologise. I think it is wonderful that you care so much to make it "right"! Chintz is a lovely idea; I am thinking colours of late 1700s which I think we're rather bright. Must check that out more closely.... Wow! 250 newbies in one week! You really do have a lot of people excited!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Esther what a pile of eye candy, I'm almost dribbling just looking at it, fancy having that much fabric you would part with it LOL But I do understand as I have Kimono's and like to share them too. Happy drafting Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to working on this quilt Esther. I don't mind how long you take to perfect the pattern - it's not going to be a 'quick make' so whenever you're ready is fine with me!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chintz will be great for your quilt, good things are always worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your question about how a Chintz will behave when used for appliqué is a good one. I'm still mostly watching from the sidelines and learning from everyone else's choices for color palette/fabric type. This quilt of yours is going to be a grand adventure for a lot of talented quilters. I can't wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Esther,

    Take your time, do what feels good. We are really excited for this quilt no matter how long it takes. (gives us more time to finisch other projects) It is wonderful that you want to share this beautifull quilt with us.
    Thank you.

    Warm regards
    Wilma Malenstein
    Spakenburg, Holland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esther I just looked at the what the material is sitting on !!!!!!! Those a stunning big scallops??????? and those stunning crowns on the tips of them with the little ties hanging down. Wowwwww Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fabrics, I'm looking forward to see your quilt growing! Thanks for organizing the link party again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...