Wednesday 24 July 2013

WOW = Thank You Lucia

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
 
What's the first thing you do when you see a calendar?
I always flip to my birthday month to see what the picture is!
 
Lucia Martins of Brazil kindly sent me this beautiful calendar which she and a group of ladies taking embrodiery class together, created to represent scenes of their city. It's a beautiful calendar and I'm very happy to have it hanging in my kitchen. Thank you Lucia for thinking of me!
 
I think photos of sewing, quilting and embroidery never do the real work justice, but this calendar shows up some stunning detail and I love the idea behind it too.
 
Lucia worked on April (her birthday)
 
 
and this is the November scene (my birthday)
 
 
Here's the back of the calendar:
 
What is it about receiving something in the post that makes it extra special?
 
What's Your WOW ?
 

7 comments:

  1. I also look always to the photo of my birthday. And I even saw it now too because my birthdya is also in november !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful calendar, you have been spoilt :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous gift! Does she have a blog, Esther? I don't do pinterest, but love what you pointed us to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift! My birthday is also November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther I hope you are taking it easy and healing up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that calendar it is beautiful. My birthday is in November too. Lets have a party ;)
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to join the Yahoo-group for the love entwined, but I'm not succeeding :(
    I created a yahoo-account.
    Can you help me??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...