Wednesday 6 November 2013

WOW: Another Year Another Birthday

WOW = WIPs On Wednesday

I'm taking it easy after my birthday and tidying up today. This year my DDs reminded me of a WIP I promised myself many years ago. I decided that at my  current age, I would work on embroidering an entire wool robe in thread and silk embroidery, from the collar all the way down to the hem. I was thinking of a dark blue robe with full coloured threads that I'd wear for many years to come. Of course, I had this idea before I started quilting and somehow assumed that I'd have plenty of free time by now..?? I don't think I have free time, I don't know what I was thinking those years ago, I never thought I'd be busier than ever with my children grown up!


So these birthday slippers are especially sweet because they remind me of what I'd be doing if I wasn't a quilter and they satisfy my need for some embroidery without adding another WIP to the pile!


What's Your WOW?
 

20 comments:

  1. love those slippers and happy birthday. An embroidered robe sounds so great - but yes a lot of work involved in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Esther. Those slippers look so comfy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Esther,
    Happy Birthday! I hope you had a nice day.
    Boy, I am glad you became a quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely slippers! Did you get another delicious homemade cake this year for your birthday? Wish you many more years, Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Esther many many more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Esther. Enjoy those comfy looking slippers.

    pnconverse at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Esther,
    Happy Birthday!From Russia with love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovel gift! They look so cheerful and comfortable. Happy Birthday from Wales, Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birth birthday and what a lovely slippers, I live in my ugg slippers, so warm and cosy.

    Ines

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday from South Africa. Your slippers are fantastic. I know exactly what you mean - my kids are in college and I run around for them even more......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyeux Anniversaire

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday from Holland.
    Lovely slippers!
    Have a nice day
    Greetings Ria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! Great slippers! Love, Corina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday Esther hope you have a fun filled Day. Love those slippers. I often wonder how so many people in this world are bored when for us there are not enough hours in a day LOL.
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, Esther. Love those slippers! Celia in England

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am getting back to doing my WIP posts and found your blog in a search. Thanks for hosting the linky! I looke forward to the motivation of seeing what others are making.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday Esther!! Love the slippers and we're grateful that you're not making them... Our benefit! Cheers....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Esther, I would have dropped by sooner, but my birthday was on the 6th as well. Hope you had a great day filled with much love, laughter and family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the slippers, please don't embroider a robe, you have too much to do ! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...