Wednesday 20 November 2013

WOW: Progress

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays


I'm nearly done with my 10 inch challenge piece and it's so nice to be working on a WIP and share the nearly done progress with you. With all my sewing machine issues (yes, there've been more), its a good start. I'm so glad I didn't start Love Entwined on my new Bernina (as I had so hopefully planned) because I would have had to remake everything - I wouldn't have been able to put up with the constant tension issues on such an heirloom quilt - I'm too much of a perfectionist and it would have turned out to be double work - something I definitely don't need.


You can see the stitches and tension are still a real issue and no matter what I do, and despite all my experience, there's always a frustrating problem. This means I always have to be in the right mood to put up with my machine's attitude - not a good thing for a quilter with a WIP list as long as mine!


In the end I didn't use the liquid stitch pieces I had prepared as I changed the applique shapes as I went along - as this is a downsized pattern from my original, the shape didn't look right when shrunk down so I went back to my usual method. 



 What's Your WOW?


8 comments:

  1. if it is not your compute it is your new sewing machine - so sorry you are having all these problems and hope you will be able to start on your LE one day and be happy with the progress you will make. I will be back to working on my LE in the New Year. Appreciate you blog and pattern so much as do all on the LE group I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tireless in your work and sharing your gorgeous projects, it is awful that you have to put up with such problems but particularly such a top brand machine. Thank you for LE and all your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very concerned that some of the new Berinas were getting such poor reviews, so I took it upon myself to talk to the dealer that I bought my 220 from. She told me that the bobbin mechanism is very different on the 820 and 830, therefore it is very important to take the class that is offered by the dealer. She said the most common problem is the thread knotting up and tension problems. When I put the bobibin in my old machine, I put it in so the bobbin ran in a counter clockwise rotation. Was I surprised when I was told I was putting it in backwards. I really hope you get this problem resolved because I really love my Bernina. Thank you so much for putting in the time to give us these wonderful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your challenge piece is gorgeous! I hope you reach an understanding with the machine soon. My Janome and I have a love/hate relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I will ever understand sewing machine tension.
    I bought my mother in laws Brother Project Runway from her this week.
    I am actually reading the operation manual----something I've not gone with my other 2 machines. (Don't ask LOL)
    I am learning a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your block looks Lovely. Tension problems I have as well on my Pfaff.....It's supposed to be automatic, but I need to change often. Thank you for beeing a new follower on my blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In regard to the sewing machine glitches I had hoped you had contacted Bernina about that by now and traded it in for the 710 that everyone seems to like so much more. I look forward to the post where your machine troubles are behind you.

    Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...