Wednesday 13 November 2013

WOW: working on a 10inch beauty

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays


I feel like my computer troubles are never ending - every WOW seems to be more of a technological update than a WIP one so I've decided to do something fun to get my mind off my computer. Today I'm happy to have something positive to share with you - and yes it's a WIP. 

My challenge is to create a 10 x 10inch piece. Although a new project is the last thing I need right now, this one is short enough to tackle without taking time from anything else. I've decided on making the scaled down centre of a new design of mine- with my predictable favourite colour scheme of red and white. I'll let you know more about it when I reveal it finished next week...or thereabouts.


I always like to try new things and for this project I'm using liquid stitch, waiting for it to dry and then cutting around the shape. I'll let you know how it turns out.


I am taking a holiday from my computer until my repair person can finishing restoring it - apologies if I have not responded to your emails, I know there is something of a backlog at the moment, but I have had to get back to what I love - quilting - and away from the frustrations of the screen. 


What's Your WOW ?


9 comments:

  1. I have not heard of liquid stitch and will interested to see what you post about it. Computer problems can be very frustrating - sounds like you need to quilt instead :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Esther - can't wait to see the finished piece. I am interested in the Liquid Stitch too. It is like a fray check ? So the edges won't fray after being cut ?

    Thanks,
    Karen on Keuka

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning, Esther! Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the liquid stitch, I used it once....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hooked it looks fantastic I love red and white, can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your problems with your computer hope it gets sorted out soon. I love that you are back in playing with your beautiful fabric and your amazing creativity. Love what I see here. Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my.....your work looks beautiful.....and difficult.
    One of many things that I have yet to try, but I have watched others work on in my stitch groups.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little WIP is looking lovely! Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...