Wednesday 4 December 2013

WOW: Red December

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
Red December is the FREE 2013 Christmas Pattern

I'm continuing my free Christmas pattern tradition - and yes, it's red and white! I like all my quilts but one quilt design I really haven't given enough time to is Red December. It's been sitting on my WIP pile waiting to be quilted and given some attention. I must say, this design is a favourite of mine and I have since used the motifs of this pattern to make a tablecloth and a cushion (they're in the WIP pile too!). I'm really looking forward to quilting it, taking finished photos and showcasing it some more in the next year as it's too lovely to be sitting forgotten in my WIP stash.


The reason it's been sitting neglected is that I was waiting for a new sewing machine and I put a lot of projects to the side until that time came, as my old machine wasn't up to the amount of work I had and have pending. Then, as many of you know, I've had a very difficult time with my new Bernina, so much so that I've really been put off even using it, as every sewing session ends in major issues and it's more work than progress, unfortunately. 

What this means is that Red December just hasn't been shown on my blog or given the love it deserves, so I am taking the unusual step of releasing it again. I think it's a beautiful Christmas Quilt and I know that when it's finished it will get a lot of love and use in my home. It's my pleasure to offer it for free to members of my Yahoo BOM Group.

Members can now download this file in my Yahoo BOM Group and it will be available until the New Year 2014.

What's Your WOW ?

17 comments:

  1. that quilt is so beautiful Esther I hope you get the machine working or get another machine as this quilt doesn't deserve to be neglected :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous and once again your generosity is overwhelming .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh! Red December is breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt, Esther. I've even picked the fabric for it. Now just have to find the time. Thanks again for this beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woaw, this quilt is a real beauty !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was talking to someone the other day about your woes with your new Berniaa. She has the same model and said she had issues until it Gelled that it was a computer. Does that make any sense to you. Mine is just a 440QE, no issues at all. Love Red December, the borders are especially gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Red December and thank you so much.
    I have Bernina 830 and I agree with you it is more work than progress, without mentioning replace a bobbin. I use my old Husqvarna more than Bernina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red December looks intricate and way past my abilities. I'm learning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! Love the red & White. Wish that Bernina wasn't giving you such fits. I love my Bernina. My Bernina Guy is the best, he would figure out what is wrong so I wasn't frustrated. Thanks for the Free Gift in December to our Yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't usually comment, but that Red December quilt is *Epic*. I'm guessing is hand applique? I'm not at that level yet, but, iun d'ches quat' matîns. :-)
    Hazle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I adore this pattern...I just don't have enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh,my!!! Another stunning quilt, Esther! I really must add this one to my "must do" list, too! Thank you so much for sharing it! Your designs make my heart sing! -Jeanne Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
  14. A couple thoughts on your Bernina:

    - do you have the latest software version on your machine?

    - did you take the classes that teach you how to use the machine

    - the 7 series has new parts that unless you knew to ask for, you dont know that they exist. A recall without calling it so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this beautiful Christmas present! I have drooled over the 830 (for machine embroidery also) for years now. But after reading on a Yahoo group so many problems folks had with them I think I am happy I did not make that investment. I would assume the 820 is very similar to the 830 except for the embroidery so probably has the same issues. Apparently they are extremely tempermental, the classes are an absolute must do, and need practice practice practice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Printed out and started this quilt. Stunning! May I have permission to share a couple of your photos with links on my blog?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...