Wednesday 16 April 2014

WOW: Love Entwined, spread the word...

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays


I probably don't have to tell you that the Love Entwined: 1790 Marriage Coverlet has really touched my heart. It's an extraordinary quilt and I think it's so important to Georgian, Women's, British, Textile and Quilting history. I could talk about it all day, but I've already discussed my thought on this quilt at length in previous posts and you can find these in the Love Entwined Page at the top of this blog if you are interested. 

Let's not forget that this quilt was found after the efforts of ordinary quilters like you going out there and looking for it. That's an extraordinary accomplishment. 

I want everyone who is interested to be able to take part in this adventure. For this reason, I have left all the missed blocks up in my Group and they will remain free and available until the BOM is completed. This means anyone who is interested can make this quilt for free.

I don't want anyone to miss out on making this extraordinary quilt, so if you've been looking on, go ahead and try it for yourself

If you're new to applique, consider incorporating a LE block into your next quilt (acknowledging the source). Or, consider using an LE block for a project such as a table runner or cushion. The quilt is full of beautiful motifs you could use in smaller projects and as long as you acknowledge their source, you are perfectly welcome to do so.

If the quilt is too large for you, consider making just the centre square (blocks 1-7 as pictured above) as a beautiful wall hanging. 

Perhaps you or your local quilt shop could start a LE Quilting Bee in your area? It's full of applique techniques for the learning and the pattern is free to all my Yahoo Group Members. Why not get together to make it? 

It's my desire to see interest in this quilt revived - I believe our only hope in ever discovering more about its maker and her life is if more quilters discover just how special this heirloom quilt is. That might spike the interest of a historian or someone who has access and experience in searching out specific records. This quilt is full of clues, we just need to have access to the tools which would allow us to read it. 

Please, if you can, be a part of spreading the word on this quilt and a part of making the discovery of its maker happen.

What's Your WOW?

14 comments:

  1. each month the pattern becomes available I wonder how you can do this - to design such a beautiful quilt from a black and white photo that really was crystal clear is beyond me - you have done such a great job with it - I am printing my pattern out once again for my file and I will get back to it one day in the meantime I save it and look at all the others while I try to make some finishes on those tops already started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say the photo wasn't clear to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen, you always have a nice word to say and I always look forward to reading your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second that Karen. A huge Thankyou to Ester, so many people are going to make this quilt thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is part 11 LE day, I live, breath and eat Love Entwined, again thank you Esther. Thinking about how to use my circus/acrobats theme into this border. And what to do with those angels? are there angels in a circus? Started yesterday evening with choosing some of the colours. Woke up this morning and set my self to do some household, and after this the reward LE LE LE
    Ineke (Marcelineke)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esther you are just the best! Your generosity of spirit is an inspiration to me! I love LE and Lily Rose...something about medallion quilts? Lily Rose is on my 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Esther!!!me gustaria hacer el quilt pero no se donde estan los patrones gracias..

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are very generous Esther as you put so much work into this. I had started saving the patterns for later but I stopped as I don't think I'll ever find the time to make such an intricate quilt by hand which is what it deserves I think

    ReplyDelete
  9. Working on a commissioned quilt and had teh grandkids here for 3 days so personal quilting on hold. Part 11 is so wonderful! Thanks, Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esther, did I read correctly that the original LE has been found?
    I would love to read about it but can not find a post. Where should I look?

    This is truly a spectacular quilt and the work you have done is extraordinary.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...