Saturday 14 June 2014

Love Entwined Part 13 is Launched

It's time for the willow motif to take it's place

It's interested me that so many of you mentioned in your BOM Group sign up, that you'd always wanted to make the 'willow' quilt from the Averil Colby book.

Hmmmm, I thought, what willow quilt are they all talking about?!



In the original, I always 'saw' this motif as a palm tree and never questioned what I saw until so many of you duly informed me that it was willow. I think I was influenced by the angels turning throughout border 3 and assumed a palm tree was a kind of natural allegorical progression. However, upon looking more closely, it was obvious that you were all right! So this month it's time to put into place that design element which has spoken and reached out to so many of you over the years through the pages of a book: the willow.


The willow motif is applied diagonally over all of the four fabric corners of Border 3 and each willow motif slightly overlaps the side applique of Parts 11 & 12 on each side.

Cut the pattern out of paper first and make any adjustments  for each direction as required so that it will perfectly fit your own quilt.

On the original, it appears that there might be broderie perse cut outs scattered around the willow. The spaces around the willow are all perfect spots for embellishing. I suggest you add any suitably sized shapes or embellishments all around and between the willow as suitable, according to your fabric and embellishing style so far.
Which brings us this far

which leaves me somewhat speechless... has this BOM really come this far? already?

Can't wait to see the progress pics this month...

‘Love Entwined 1790 Marriage Coverlet’ is a Free 18 Month Historic BOM
Each ‘block’ of the month is released monthly, on the 15th of each month. 
All ‘blocks’ are available for download via my Yahoo BOM Group only

4 comments:

  1. I too am amazed at how far this quilt has come. In a way I think I have put it aside until I have all the patterns so I can focus better on it if you know what I mean - it is so lovely and I thank you once again for sharing it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern is looking stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny, I never thought Willow or Palm. With the leaves on the stem, I thought it was like a floppy cockscomb flower! A very large flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ester, I hope I am not of the minority since they have done the changes in documents with Yahoo I am not able to open the patterns, I am not able to open 12-13 wondered if there is anyway to have these also as a word doc, my pdf's just don't work with your attachments, sorry to be a pain in the pattuti...would greatly appreciate your help. TX Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...