Wednesday 30 July 2014

WOW: LE Zig Zags

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays 

I'm making progress on Love Entwined. The Zig Zag border is so important. It sets the colour tone for much of the middle fabrics and you need to get it down accurately before you can fill in the center or else your pieces won't fit. It is a busy center and the borders really balance out the applique.  


To make sure that all my zig zags are accurate, I am hand sewing the pre-prepared pieces into position and aligning them with the master template I created. This helps me stay on track. It's vital. I know some of you were thinking about piecing this border for accuracy and line (and I know some of you did and it looks great) and whilst I completely understand this inclination (I thought of that myself!) I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It has to be all applique. All the way. 


Love it! I'm really looking forward to spending the day progressing with Love Entwined


 What's Your WOW


10 comments:

  1. I did my zigzag row like you did except I put some of applique center in first so far I think it will work out ok. Love the colors you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with how far you have got with your quilt, it is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive! I see you have some kind of backing material on your pieces as you piece them together, can you tell us what it is? And do you take it out once pieced or do you leave it in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also appliqued my zig-zag-lines; and I love it!! I just totally love the Love Entwined-quilt! She is so gorgeous!!
    I'm just at part 9, but following along and I'm sure to complete the entire journey as I truly love how LE is taking shape!
    Enjoy your journey with Love Entwined, Esther. Thanks so much for all your work!!!!! I know this quilt will learn me so much more about colourplacement; making the most tiny stitches and just enjoying applique!
    Love from the Netherlands, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther I love your box of goodies that you have everything in and the picture really keeps the incentive. I think it is also hard to stop due to the enthusiasm of all the others that are working on this project. I am so impressed with your designing talents and so happy that you are able to work on this too, with everyone else watching your progress and how your work is a great way to work on a project from a designers point of view. I wish we could do that with more designs and designers, I think they would like that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appliqued my border, but didn't make it scrappy - wish that I had done now that I've seen yours, which is stunning! Thanks for sharing your progress (as well as the pattern!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your zig zag border and applique project is going to be as amazing as ever. I will enjoy watching it flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Esther, I am agog over your talent! the zig-zag border alone will be amazing, even more so because you are appliqueing it! I will be visiting often to see how you do things and taking notes to improve my own poor skills!
    Thank you for hosting the WIP Wednesdays too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...