Friday 30 January 2015

Lily Rose: Finishing the Flower Heads

I'm very happy to report that I'm on a productive roll. My flower heads are just falling into place. This is all down to much preparation beforehand. It's really paying off now. After the template markings and allocating the light and dark shading, there's just a few minutes of fabric selection needed before I start cutting away and turn edge applique-ing all the flowers.

The first bloom I made, with the moody purple batik background, has really set the tone with a splash of yellows that are going to be repeated in the lillies and some purple hues - but brighter- which will happen in the lower flowers. I'll have a splash of pink in there too and of course, my rosebuds will be classically red or fuchsia, depending on how dark / shady the bouquet looks overall.
 Here I've lined up my fusible on various fabrics. because I always make repetitions for my flower applique stash, there may be duplicates here, so don't try to count them!
It's my pattern, but even I need to properly prep beforehand. I know it can be repetitive, but it's the best use of your time and resources.
 I can't wait to show you my bouquet!
Hopefully in time for WOW...

4 comments:

  1. :) enough scissors - I have the green handle pair too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how many we end up needing? This is my 'applique scissor' collection, there are more and I couldn't do without any of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to your blog but enjoying it. In the post above, what kind of stabilizer are you using? Are you going to needleturn the edge or using starch iron it down first. Thanks for your time. Angeliasue - angel4u2@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to ask Esther ; what is the hammer for LOL. I love the colours you are using. Cheers Glenda who is sewing hexagons while watching the finals of the mens Australian Open tennis and what a game it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...