Thursday 15 January 2015

Oma's Blues: Part 1 of this Free New BOM is Launched

We're starting Oma's Blues with the central plate, "Oma's Plate'. This is a digital image of the design. As mentioned in the Introductory Post, I'm having trouble settling on the right blue to show this pattern off in its best light, but you get the idea.

The pattern itself contains extra flourishes and lines to enhance the design - this image is of the pattern pre embellishments. I just love everything about this plate and plan on making two - one for my quilt and one for a matching cushion.

In this first part of the BOM, you receive the fabric requirements for the whole quilt and from the blue fabric allocation, you create the applique on a white background to complete this block. For those of you with beautiful blue fabrics in your stash, pull them out and search for any motifs suitable for broderie perse, this quilt is perfect for showing off fussy cutting and embellishments.

This is where we're up to, quilt wise:

Oma's Blues is a free BOM made available to members of my Yahoo BOM Group. 
Schedule: Jan - Nov 2015. New blocks released 15th of each month. 


14 comments:

  1. I was so curious..;-).......WOW it is a beautiful quilt
    hurry with the LE , thank you again for this beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so so so beautiful, Esther! I love blues too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful, Esther! I have a collection of blue and white Copeland and Spode china, so this is right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Как красиво!!! Ура!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful news, Esther! What a great idea, thank you. :-)
    I have lots of blue and white china and I love blue and white quilts, but until now I have not seen design I really wanted to make. This is going to be so enjoyable to make!
    Unfortunately I came too late to your last BOM, too daunting to catch up, but I will be at the start this time, great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the image on Bloglovin' I immediately said WOW. Then I looked to the left and saw Esther and said Of Course! Just gorgeous! Thank you so much, Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great design, again Esther. Thank you for sharing. Oma is dutch too for grandmother. Oh I hope I found time to make this one too, (bit first my UFO LE...) Kind regards, Conny

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely design! Here in The Netherlands we also call our grandmother "oma". It's an honour to your oma to call this quilt after her...

    ReplyDelete
  9. very VERY lovely :) I have been saving blues for a while, this may just be the year to use them on this design :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! I love blue and white quilts. I'll download and save the patterns for later. Why later? Because I'm piecing a blue and white Dear Jane. Oma's Blues will give me motivation to keep moving on Jane so I can start Oma's quilt.

    Thank you for creating this design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. have loads if blue and white ready but cant fnd the pattern to start ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just awsome Esther, hugs and kisses for your generosity

    ReplyDelete
  13. c'est une merveille !!!!!!!! mais il me faudrait 2 vies pour réaliser tous mes projets .......... mais j'aime beaucoup beaucoup
    amicalement à toute l'équipe
    Regina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...