Thursday 17 December 2015

I've started Listening to Golden Ratio Music


Most of us know about Fibonacci and the Golden Ratio. It's something that's always interested me and since I purchased Jinny Beyer's Golden Rato Calipers I've been checking over many of my patterns to check they meet the ratio...just as a matter of interest...and I'm pleased to report that they mostly do. For many quilters the Golden Ratio isn't just interesting, it's instinctive to us. And we naturally create and work within it's ratios without even knowing it.
What I didn't know until last week, was that there is an equivalent 'perfect ratio' when it comes to music and these ratios are known by their frequency ranges. Last week I received an usual gift from my DD - music scaled in the Key of David, which is produced for listening at a frequency of 444 hertz. Actually there are numerous frequencies and each has it's own qualities. Just like the Golden Ratio is satisfying to the eye, these sounds are satisfying to listen to. And now that I've started listening, I find myself seeking out specific frequencies at different times of day.

Since I first time I heard music scaled in this frequency, I've had a strong emotional response to it which I can only describe as being 'in tune' to the sound. It's beautiful and has an instant positive effect on my mood. Many people believe that different frequencies have the power to heal the body or guide it into a state of self healing - a concept I find very interesting.

The music I'm referring to is called 'Whole Tones' and is composed and played by Michael Tyrrell. I'm so impressed with the music that I approached Wholetones to become affiliated with the project. That's how much I enjoy it -  the music is beautiful and refreshing to listen to. I will just mention that, importantly, this is not a 'New Age' product, the creator of this musical range has drawn his motivation from the book of Psalms and Biblical teachings to create these soundtracks. His motivations are based on his belief in the power of music to transform our moods, energy and ultimately, our lives. As for me, I just really enjoy it and am pleased to promote someone who creates his own work with integrity.

Why not have a listen and see what you think?


6 comments:

  1. I love the music! Perfect for listening to as I work. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it on all the time now and really like it in the background whilst I work, it's uplifting without interfering with my concentration.

      Delete
  2. Guess my tone is 396Hz - it really resonated in me and the higher the Hz the less I felt grounded. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the 444 hertz was an instant response for me and although I do like them all, this frequency really appeals. It's interesting and something I want to look into more.

      Delete
  3. In the 80's when my children were teenagers I use to listen to classical tapes that had been modified to the perfect ratio, It would slow me down while I was at work as my mornings were just rushing to get them off to school then rushing them to sports, music, scouts, surfing, swimming, and other after school activities every day after school and the week-ends. Hubby and I believed if we kept them involved with these activities it might keep them out of dugs temptation. May be it worked as they never took to the drugs. This music would ground me and I believe it helped me survive those hectic years LOL Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an unusual connection Glenda! I wish I'd got into this sooner. It's so interesting and whilst I knew about it before, I never really listened to it, so it's been a really pleasant surprise to me and I enjoy it so much.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...