Wednesday 16 December 2015

WOW: Coming Full Circle

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
Oma's Blues by Pat Sirni

Days like today, I really feel that I've come full circle. First I started out just sharing my patterns seven years ago...and now people are sharing the quilts they made from my patterns back with me...and it's a wonderful feeling.

Pat's quilt is really special. She's adapted Oma's Blues using the centre plate and border before finishing it off as a wall hanging. Isn't it fabulous? I just LOVE the way she used beige in with the blue and white, but most of all, I love her dutch fabrics, In my pattern, I have charm plates. Pat has fussy cut her own style of charm plates from the most gorgeous fabrics, it's really effective and I love seeing these variations. Pat is doubly generous you know, as well as sending me pics of her quilt here, she's also a Moderator over in my Yahoo BOM Group, so it's a double thank you today Pat!

Luckily for me, the Moderator's over in my group usually make my quilts before I do...that combined with you talented quilters out there who decide to share your finished pics with me, I'm satisfied that even if I don't get around to making a particular quilt as quickly as I like...I'll still get to see them....somehow. 
What's Your WOW?


4 comments:

  1. Hi Esther how lovely to see your designs been made up by so many other quilters. It is the nicest thing I'm sure for a designer to see. Pats quilt looks so lovely hanging there. I just love the Dutch fabric that Pat has used. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely gorgeous with those fabrics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely variation on your design, very clever use of fabrics.
    And when I'll do eventually get around to making my Oma's Blue, I am not going to feel guilty about possibly shrinking the design too, as none of my walls would take the full size!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...