Wednesday 4 May 2016

WOW: May Already?!

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays

Well I've been home a whole week now and the flu has hit me hard. When I first arrived home, I was tired and a bit flat, but I didn't feel unwell. In fact, I felt inspired to pick up my Love Entwined and get some serious hand stitching done. But before I could make a start or even unpack my suitcases, the flu hit and hit hard. I think now that my body was waiting until I was home again to fall sick. The shock, grief and virus has come all at once. Both my DH and I have been ill for the past 8 days and I'm completely sick and tired of being sick and tired. So today, it's more bed rest for me and looking forward to a week ahead. A week free of illness and full of calm reflection. Fingers crossed.


10 comments:

  1. Feel better soon Esther. With the cooler weather that should be easier. Losing a mother, no matter how old you are, is not an easy thing to have to get used to. I lost my mother 17 years ago. How I would love for her to meet my grandchildren and to have them know what a wonderful person she was.
    Blessings from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you are still feeling so ill, hope you get better soon, all that travel and grief have wiped you out -

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you both are ill. One of the hazards of travelling - to be exposed to bugs. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you get better soon. Until then, take it easy. There is something very nasty going around. I can't tell you how many people I know who have had the flu and even pneumonia. You'll be back to stitching and I am looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you feel better soon, look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do hope you feel better soon and can get back to your stitching. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you are under the weather. The combination of grief and air travel has taken its toll. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh nooooo I am sending you love and white light. It's hard to fight an illness like that when you are grieving as well. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear you've been so unwell, rest is the only answer even though you'd like to get busy. Hope you both start to feel better very soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you start to feel better really soon !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...