Monday 27 June 2016

Narelle's 'Love Entwined' wins Viewer's Choice!

Narelle Birchall, Love Entwined

I'm thrilled to bits to hear this morning that Narelle's Love Entwined has won Viewer's Choice at the Sydney Quilt Show! It is an extraordinary piece of work with a breathtaking standard and intensity of workmanship. I know, I've been lucky enough to see it in real life.

Not only was Narelle the first person to finish Love Entwined, she finished it to an excelled standard of beauty and dedication and really did the pattern proud. Can you tell I love it?

Judging is a fickle thing, so it's all the more wonderful when quilters get to cast their own vote for their own quilt of choice - and it's no surprise to me that Narelle won Viewer's Choice. Frankly, I would have been amazed if she hadn't.

See more pics of Narelle's amazing quilt over in the Love Entwined Gallery by clicking here now.  

6 comments:

  1. It is so well deserved for Narelle as it is for you! You put so much time, energy and love into this quilt! Narelle's LE is one of my favorites. Having finished the LE is a task on its own and the choice of fabric Narelle made, makes this LE a true winner! Congratulations to the both of you! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This is just absolutely beautiful!! I am in awe of her skill and I am not surprised that she won Viewers Choice either. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you both. I was fortunate to see the quilt at the Sydney Show and I could have admired it for hours. What a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Narelle! Her LE is just spectacular. What a stunning tribute to the original quiltmaker who has inspired so many, thanks to your patient redrafting of the quilt and generosity in sharing the patterns, Esther. I love this quilt, and I will work my way up to it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Esther. Thanks for showing Narelle's wonderful work. It's quite a treat to see such precision and artistry. Hope you're having a very creative summer! best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...