Friday 29 July 2016

'Peony Pride' Pattern Is Launched!

Tidying up the sewing studio has it's advantages - take for example my Peony Pride quilt pattern. After years of vaguely wondering which design stash it was in, I came across it unexpectedly last week and I'm very happy to finally be able to add this gorgeous quilt to my pattern shop!

Peony Pride is 71 x 71 inches (180 x 180 cms). It's a classic looking quilt which manages to be both thoroughly modern as well as decidedly traditional at the same time. This quilt is one of my all time favourites precisely because it somehow feels so timeless. In fact, I'm already planning my second Peony Pride quilt and this time around it will be turn edge applique. My first Peony Pride, pictured above, was stencilled with fabric paint and the pattern really lends itself beautifully for stencillers.

So the only question is, applique or stenciled? How will you make yours? Each Peony Pride pattern comes with my Guide to Stenciling, allowing you to branch out and try something new - if that idea takes your fancy. If not, you can simply stick with the pattern and make this applique beauty in your favourite fabrics.

There's plenty of room for your beautiful quilting to shine through in this striking quilt and I quilted it myself on a domestic sewing machine. I'll be showing off my quilting details pics over in my Facebook BOM Group today and on a post here tomorrow, so be sure to stop by if you'd like to see some close ups.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...