Sunday 4 December 2016

Love Entwined by Jenn Dewey Rice

What a wonderful treat it is for me to add yet another Love Entwined quilt to the LE Gallery. Today it's Jenn Dewey Rice's beautiful creation. Oh Jenn, I love your colour scheme here, the yellow and blue really draws the eye into the centre and of course, the pink motifs are gorgeous! LE is such a large quilt and as well as being a big undertaking, it's hard to photograph full in, up front. Jenn, thank you so much for taking the time to send this image in, it's wonderful to see the workmanship of another LE and I'm impressed that you managed to make it within 3.5 years. WOW!

Like Jenn, I also think about the first woman who made the original quilt. Initially I thought it was a girl, but looking at the elements realized that it must have been a woman and that left me wondering about the purpose of the quilt. As with every finished LE, the mystery lingers.

Here's what Jenn had to say about her quilt in her own words:

"My name is Jenn Rice Dewey and I am from Scotts Valley, California, USA 
I loved the pattern from the first time I saw it. I loved working on all of the pattern. Each time I started a new part I loved what I was doing. I love any kind of a challenge. I always seem to pick things to do that will give me a challenge. 

I heard someone say that in the 1790's they used bright colors. I wondered if the lady that first made the coverlet was a young girl adding to her wedding things for after she was married. I started this quilt 3 ½ years ago. I could only work on it when I wasn't working to take care of my parents. 

I want to thank Esther for allowing us to have this pattern. It was very challenging but also fun. It makes me want to be more challenged in the future."



Are you making LE? We have a dedicated LE Group over on Facebook (click the image above to join) and don't forget to add your own LE to the LE Gallery - and remember, you can always email me updates or more pictures if they occur at any time.



4 comments:

  1. So stunning. Would love to see close up photos. I really love this colour scheme too. Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn's LE is just stunning! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely magnificent! Great job, Jenn, and thanks for sharing it with us, Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jenn that is a gorgeous quilt. What amazing job you did. Stunning. Congratulations🙂

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...