Sunday 15 January 2017

New Free BOM: Diamond Hill is Launched!

Welcome to Diamond Hill: a quartet of field bouquets surrounded by diamonds and framed with tumbling vines. Feel the breeze rustle through the leaves and sway the petals under a sun dappled sky. Can you feel it too? Diamond Hill is everything that is both lovely and simple. 

I’ve created  floral applique and framed it with classic piecing which offers so much potential for personalization. Will you make the diamonds shimmer in contrasting shades? Or tone them down to blend into a gently shaded scheme? There’s plenty of movement to keep everything interesting whether you decide to go with the flow ..or go over the top!

In this quilt you’ll find a satisfying balance of both applique and piecing which will keep you busy for seven months. I’ve opted for the hopelessly romantic theme of cream, pink and green because, why not? Of course, the pattern lends itself to many styles based on your fabric choices, so let your imagination run away with you. I can’t wait to see what you do with your own Diamond Hill. As always, if you’re not already a member, be sure to join my BOM  Facebook Group to share your own thoughts and ideas as you make your own blocks. I’m excited about the months ahead and can’t wait to show off all my blocks and ideas with you.
For those of you who don't want to go on Facebook, 
you can click the image above to download the PDF file right now.

29 comments:

  1. This is stunning, hoping to join in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Esther!!! You have outdone yourself!! It is stunningly beautiful!! Love love love it!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a B*E*A*U*T*Y !!!! This is lovely, Esther! Thank you again!!!!
    Love from the Netherlands. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extraordinarily beautiful quilt! Oh, how I want to make it! Where to find all the time? I will try very hard !!! Thank you for your generosity !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Esther what a beauty! I will be spending time in my sewing room looking at fabric for this quilt. Thank you, your patterns are all full of fun, with a healthy dose of fresh challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esther ~ Diamond Hill is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, LOve, LOVE your new design, Diamond Hill! Totally delightful and undeniably Esther!! A must make quilt for everyone who loves appliqué and patchwork. Thank you for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt.I just may decide to try and make it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the PDF file. It`s nice I can join in. :) Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for making this available to those of us not on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is just gorgeous !!! love the design. and thank you for doing this for us. from Iowa Take care and Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet design! I've added your BOM to the QAL linky on my blog: https://busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com/2017/01/2017-quilt-along-add-links-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Esther Diamond Hill is absolutely stunning! You never cease to amaze me as each time I think you can't possibly top the last offering, you do! God bless you and thank you for sharing your wonderful talents, time and beautiful patterns. All the best, Terri at the Drake's Nest in Palm Bay, Florida

    ReplyDelete
  14. Esther-she is gorgeous 😍. Thank you so very much. Sending hugs😘

    ReplyDelete
  15. sow gorgeous.Merci infiniment pour ce BOM. bises de France

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful !
    Thank you very much.
    Marja
    🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh la la quelle merveille, merci beaucoup pour ce magnifique cadeau, j'espère avoir le temps de participer, j'ai déjà une idée des tissus que j'aimerais...
    merci merci merci

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I am going to join in on this one. Thanks Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous, and just as I'm thinking about getting back into applique. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! just....wow! This is incredible. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Esther. Beautiful.Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Esther, can I ask you for a fixed image of the different color choices that you advise for the bom, it would help me to choose my fabrics, I can not copy the design of the colors I desire in the video, thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely quilt! I do plan to make it, just have a few other things in line ahead of it! And I also love your different color choices. Thank you Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one of the most beautiful quilts in a FREE QAL I've ever seen...I appreciate your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous pattern, Esther! You are so generous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...