Wednesday 8 February 2017

WOW: Sweetly Does It..

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I'm waiting for my Secret Garden fabric to arrive. I think I was waiting for Secret Garden fabric last week too - well, that fabric arrived and I wasn't happy with it. I had expected a cream tone but in real life it was a muted dull grey so I've set it aside. As there's 6 metres of it, and I can't stand the waste, I think I will use it as a 'canvas' for some fabric painting murals I have in mind, so at least it's not a total loss. Right now I'm waiting for the Jardin Gris range by Robyn Pandolph and I can't wait. I just have a good feeling about it, I know it's a perfect match for my vision.

But, if you know me, you'll already know that I also have another perfect vision for Secret Garden ..with a dark background. I had thought about making two, but there aren't enough hours in the day! I know it's hard for some of you who are struggling the Mystery aspect of the fabric selection. My advice is to choose fabrics that work well together - and whether you opt for high contrasting shades or a selection of gently harmonious shades - if your palette 'works' together, then you'll be fine. Don't overthink it like I do. I usually end up deciding on the first idea anyhow.

Whilst I wait for my Secret Garden fabric to arrive, I'm making the most of my time and trying to get my Sweet 2016 wall hanging closer to completed. I was so torn over my Sweet 2016 backgrounds! I had so many great contenders..and the one I loved most was a bold yellow and black statement background - but I didn't have enough. So I have reverted to the soft floral background above and I think it's the most harmonious. Hopefully I'll stitch it down before I change my mind again..

What's Your WOW?



3 comments:

  1. Hi Esther, I think the colors and scale of this floral stripe is a perfect choice for your Sweet 2016 confections! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely backdrop for all your cakes and deserts. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...