Sunday 26 March 2017

Easter Blessings: My Applique Top

This is my top so far. I'm deciding between these two print fabrics for the border instead of eggs. Or I might add some newspaper eggs on top of the print if I feel like it at that stage.
I really love both these two prints and presently can't decide.
I knew straight away that I wanted this newspaper print for the background
and here's my basket and trim fabric
with all my flower heads created, cool and set aside, I created my basket in the same way
Then I positioned my stems and leaves in accordance with the pattern
I used my light box beneath my applique top 
whilst it was still on the applique matt and not yet ironed down
This allows me to see any overlap
Ii don't want 'ridges' showing through my applique front
And if there's too much fabric layering, it can appear obviously from the front after ironing
If you look closely, you can see I have cut away the excess basket handle length 
behind the bunny ears as they were showing through
and the background fabric over the overlapped basket back to cut down on bulk
And my block front.
Voila! What do you think?!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely. And man are you quick or what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your block - beautiful! I also would like to tell you how much I appreciate the detail you share on your blog on just how you make your appliqué: your thought process and why you do things a certain way. I always really enjoy reading every post as I learn so much from you! My heartfelt thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I love it, that is soo beautiful, such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I really like the way you checked for too much fullness and shadows.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...