Wednesday 12 April 2017

Tickled Pink Is Launched!

Tickled Pink is a one block beauty - you simply decide what size block you want to make and then make it, sixteen times. Voila! Isn't it striking? I love the satisfaction of a perfectly pieced block and a touch of applique for the stems and leaves adds a nice finishing touch too.

I've been meaning to make this quilt for years and right now I'm feeling completely smug that I've managed to cut and bundle the entire quilt up into stages to make it an ongoing 'slow quilt' for those times when I'm in the right mood and place for an 'installment.' This is one of those quilts that's been in my design folio for years and I am over the moon to be finally sharing it with you today.
The finished quilt size is either 68 x 68 inches, or  84 x 84 inches, depending on whether you want to make 16 x 16 inch blocks or 20 x 20 inch blocks.

Tomorrow I'll be posting how I made my Tickled Pink block, step by step. So be sure to come back and see it for yourself if you're interested in this quilt.

8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, a beautiful block that can be hand or machine pieced and one that you can take with you and work on while waiting in hospitals, sitting on the deck or just wanting to do some handwork. Love it and I too am tickled pink you would share this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the striking layout of Tickled Pink. This is just a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Gorgeous, Esther! I have been thinking about Carolina Lily variations, and this is a big leap from those. Great block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Esther - I look forward to seeing how you made Tickled Pink tomorrow!~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the pretties blocks I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Esther for such a beautiful pattern and a challenging project, it will be fun to see what color ways everyone picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...where is the pattern for this beauteous block?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen the instructions, but is there an actual pattern available?
    Ps: I love the block!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...