Wednesday 19 April 2017

WOW: Paint Brush Fabric Roll Done!

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
A few years ago I realized that I was spending far too much money on paint brushes that I could somehow never locate. Whenever I needed them, they were nowhere to be found. I'm sure I left a few at workshops here and there, but the rest simply vanished without explanation and I wasn't happy at the constant replacement expense. Back then I was buying them after much fussing and deliberation in art stores. I thought that if I put together a 'set' I would have many long years of enjoyment from them and that, this way, it would be worth the investment. Ha!

Since then I've purchased paint brushes everywhere - the supermarket, paper shops, toy stores, newsagents and discount variety shops. I have a whole assortment of them now and most of them work perfectly fine for my uses - which is fabric painting. My latest collection came from Ebay and it's actually better that the expensive art set I had beforehand. But expensive or not, I have had enough of constantly replacing them, so I've finally gone ahead and sewn up my brush roll WIP. This is one of many 'little' projects that I know would be so useful if I actually got around to doing them...but usually I leave it for a few years before I bother. Well, no matter how long it took, I have zipped up several for my different brush sizes and grades and even offered to make my DD a cosmetic brush roll (which was rejected). Yes, it's been a productive WIP day.

Done!

And just in the nick of time too, I'm taking a class this weekend and expect to put them to use with some fabric touch ups. For once, I'll be the student and not the teacher so I am glad to take a back seat and allow myself to play around a bit.
What's Your WOW?



4 comments:

  1. Hi Esther was so pleased to read you will be a student this week-end for a change have lots of fun and enjoy meeting like mind artists. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! It must be very satisfying to produce something so lovely and so useful. I have made similar rolls in the past for various craft items and they always work well - like you, making things easy to keep together and find is always a good plan. Enjoy your workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, Esther. Such a practical present you've made for yourself! And, you'll be the envy of all your classmates this weekend!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a very nice case of brushes. And very useful. Good job.
    Thanks for your new block Diamond hill. A greeting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...