Wednesday 26 April 2017

WOW: WIPs and Cake

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I made a birthday meringue for an afternoon tea yesterday and let me tell you, it's been a while since I baked any cakes. I forgot how much work was involved. And it was quite funny because I spent most of the morning looking for a whisk attachment for my beater- and I made a big fuss about it, looking everywhere, searching high and low, and even went through all the kitchen drawers and was at my wits end (and about to go to the store to buy a new one) when I found the missing whisk in my apron pocket. How ridiculous! And the worst thing was that it was my DH who pointed it out to me. 

Needless to say, I needed a cup of coffee and a few minutes quiet after that episode! 

Still, all's well that ends well and yes, it was delicious. I don't think things get much better than a crisp meringue with lots of whipped cream and mellow strawberries. 

Today I'm going to finish my Secret Garden Block 3 - that's the one with the cat peeking through the foliage. I am loving all the stunning blocks being made up and shown off over in the Group, it's a lot of fun to drop in and see what's going on as we have members working on everything: from Love Entwined to Tickled Pink to Hazel to Diamond Hill. It feels like everyone is in a hugely productive mode at the moment. Sometimes I go into the Group and I can't believe how much progress has been made from one day to the next. It's a real motivator. 

What's Your WOW?


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Esther, your dessert looks decadently delicious! Will you share the recipe?

    I've done just as you, except not with a whisk, but with other things. Those socks thrown over my shoulder to put on in a minute and a minute later I can't remember where I put them. Or the phone put in my purse, ready to leave, and later go searching for it thinking I left it elsewhere in the house. Thank goodness you didn't have to go buy a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Now that would finish off my diet programme completely LOL OF all deserts and cakes that is one cake I can not say no to. It looks fabulous Esther. Did you have any LOL I also love that blue and white quilt under neath the plate?????? Or is it a whole cloth???? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your WOW page. You are such an angel to help build the community of quilters. The more there are of us the more the manufacturers will create wonderful materials and supplies for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That meringue looks delicious, and I had to laugh right out loud at the whisk being in your apron pocket. ~smile~ That sounds exactly like something I would do. I find these group link-ups SO motivating and inspiring. It blows my mind to think of all the people sewing/quilting and making progress every single day, and makes me want to join in and keep up! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...