Wednesday 20 September 2017

WOW: Time For A New Stencil Quilt?

WOW = WIPs On Wednesday
The answer is definitely maybe. You know I love stenciling, I've been doing it myself and teaching it to others for over 10 years. It's a technique I first got interested in right at the beginning of my quilting. I was so excited at all the possibilities of painting all my own fabric motifs, mixing all my own exact hues and being in artistic control. And it just made sense to create stencils so that I could repeat any beautiful designs I created.
This past week I found a stash of Tulip Delight Table Runners, and a sketchbook of stenciled quilts was in there too. Well, I can confess - when I pack away my mess, I completely forget about it..which is what happened here. But now I am renewed. And thinking about my next painted quilt. I suppose the term 'stencil' sounds rather stiff, but painting your own quilt top is anything but.

In fact, I think this next creation might be one worth blogging through, step by step.

Watch this space..

What's Your WOW?




3 comments:

  1. beautiful! I once thought of doing that but never learned how - I have several old books that I one day I must go back over to see how it is done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has been in my mind for some time to do a painted quilt instead of applique. Never thought of stencils - what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Esther you are so talented! I have had NO success with stencils, have not accomplished the technique of dabbing, my paint is always under the stencil. Maybe I would be enticed to try again for a beautiful table runner like yours. Thank you again for the wonderful way you share your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...