Wednesday 18 October 2017

WOW: A Celebratory Morning Tea

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I've decided that blogs definitely can have birthdays and that 10 years old is occasion enough for a cake and some flowers. True, the cake is store bought  - but perfectly nice. Actually, it's probably nicer than any I could have made myself. The sponge is deliciously light. Much lighter than my own efforts have ever yielded. And the cream is fresh and the strawberries unseasonably ripe. I think they're from Queensland which explains it. Local strawberries this time of year are often so sour.

My DH suggested we should take the family out for a nice meal at hotel we frequent for special occasions. And I considered this, but then decided I'd rather splash that cash on fabric. Happily for me it arrived in record time (36 hours?!) after I carefully selected it online. And I've since gone and ordered some more so I'll have plenty to play around with.
And now it's time for me to return to the business of next years block of the month quilts. Oh my goodness, do I have something to celebrate! I can't wait to show you all my designs for the 3 BOMs coming in 2018.

What's Your WOW?



5 comments:

  1. I think I probably would have took the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your Blog a very Happy Birthday indeed! Such lovely celebrations, light as air sponge and pretty flowers, plus a whole lot of gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have a difficult time deciding between the two.... but the fabric would probably win. But then, the thought of no cooking and no dishes to do also has it’s attractions.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Esther,
    Oooh, what a pretty stack of fabrics. That should give you plenty of motivation to make something wonderful. Your celebration cake looks delicious! I wanted to thank you again for sending the Udderly Smooth hand cream. I have been using it mostly faithfully (I forgot one day) and my hands do look and feel smoother. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Blog Birthday! That cake looks delicious!! Good call on opting for additions to your stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...