Friday 24 November 2017

Secret Garden: Working On My Centre Colours

Today I'm looking at my fabric choices to determine what fabrics should make up my centre blooms. I have some strong pinks in the surrounding blocks, so I need to balance these out without making the quilt lean too much on any side visually due to the colours (if you know what I mean).

I painted myself into a corner by selecting such a soft and delicate fabric range, my own eye always prefers mid tones and I really thought limiting my pallette would help me get over my constant and frustrating fabric deliberations.. but it just means that I relied too heavily on introduced shades to make the existing ones work.

Fabric selection is definitely something I need to work on. I yearn to make crazy colour clashing quilts but then can't find the fabric to do so and feel stuck with whichever selection I opt for. When it comes to my relationship with fabric, the grass is always greener on the other side!

Fabric battles aside, the delicacy of this pallette is dreamy and feels so gently and romantic, like a swaying breeze. I can't wait to have my own Secret Garden to show off.

2 comments:

  1. It's looking lovely Esther, hope you manage to get a little further before 2018 !!!!! I'm hoping to have my centre block done before 2018!!!!
    Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'm getting there and yes, I plan to have my top done before Christmas actually, I can't afford to let another UFO gather dust :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...