Friday 2 February 2018

KFC: Topping Up the Stash

Making a start on Love Always means I've had to top up my Kaffee Fassett stash: I seem to have lots of smaller measures that simply aren't enough for my full sized quilt, so I've been shopping online and luckily managed to find what I was missing.
I love the reds and oranges and always seem to have enough of those, but I don't have nearly enough green. My latest purchase  from the Fat Quarter Shop was these new greens here, but I still went shopping for more from Glorious Color for older ranges (luckily still in stock) and I can't wait for that package to arrive.
I'm buying enough to make 2 x full size quilts because I know that as soon my DDs see this quilt in all it's fabulous bold beauty, they will want one each. So I'll just make two at once! Because of this, I'm debating what technique I'll personally use - raw edge seems the most feasible, time wise. And it would allow me to contrast satin stitch if the mood takes me. But, can I resist turn edge applique? I'll let you know once I've started, right now, I'm undecided. 


BOM 2018, Biggest Year Ever! 

Love Always is my current paid BOM. It's mainly applique. It stated on January 1st and Part 2 has just been released. 

To see some of the breathtaking examples that are taking shape, simply visit my BOM Group where progress images are being shown all the time. It's a massive inspiration and I warn you, it's addictive!

You can start this BOM today! 

Simply click the quilt image to learn more.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful selection!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Esther your stash looks like a shop counter to me LOL SO much eye candy Id want to take it all home LOL Love all those pinks they are what I need to look out for too. I don't seem to be able to move out of my pink and red range!!!!! I did add a Blue Bird of Happiness to my Beautiful Morning Glory centre !!!!! LOL It is one beautiful beautiful centre which I can not put down.. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic assortment of fabric! My stash isn't that large, so I'm trying to fill in, also. I've been searching for a fabric to use for the striped ribbon, but haven't been able to find anything close to your lovely image. What do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esther, I am working on MG & BD and have decided to jump into Love Always. I have also fallen in love with you fabric color selection. Would you please share the fabric you selected (a color picture) and yardage as you did with the first 2 quilts. I have done some of your quilts, 1 at a time, but I am going to try these 3 quilts together. Time will tell! Thanks so much Kathleen Dombi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Esther, Beautiful choices on all of your quilts! What color are you using as the background of Love Always?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...