Wednesday 15 August 2018

WOW: Sewing Up

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
Today I've decided to spend my WOW time finishing up my Stash Busting Stars quilt top. I've changed this pattern since releasing it because I wanted to make it bigger and use up even more fabric. Basically I've added sashing between the blocks. I actually had this Moda roll in my stash that matched the existing star blocks so perfectly that I felt I had to use it up. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered changing a thing, I really love the look of the original pattern. But the whole point is stash busting after all and it was too good an opportunity to miss. This will be a 'useful' quilt and I want it to be versatile, so the bigger the better.

I'm stitching the sashing in between rows. I have a print out of the picture I showed last time I blogged about this quilt - it's sitting there to remind me what order I want to star blocks in. I can't actually remember without my photo 'guide'. Although it's patchy and purposefully mismatched, there is an art to balancing the 'mismatch' and I fiddled around quite a bit with the blocks until they were arranged 'just so'. Anyhow, I'm really pleased to be seriously underway with a WOW today and can't wait to show you more progress as and when I get there.

What's Your WOW?



4 comments:

  1. Hey Esther,
    Une très bonne idée avec le Jelly rolls,les couleurs sont parfaitement assorties!
    Bonne couture

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star block is fantastic. I can't wait to see more of them. Thanks for the linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fabric with earth tones. Balancing the colors should go pretty quick, just think of a pile of leaves. Though mismatched they are still a sight to behold. Denise@fortheloveofgeese

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the browns and golds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...