Tuesday 25 September 2018

Morning Glory: Hand Stitched Details

After stitching the centre down, it's time to add some little embellishments. Although it's such a minor thing, a touch of hand stitching can really add dimension to the block. On my vase, I felt that the gold ornamental petals should be outlined with red thread to bring it all together.
I'm using this Aurifil thread. It's become my go to brand my stitching these kinds of details and embellishments on my blocks.
It was lovely before but the red just adds a little something..

If only hand stitching wasn't so time consuming! As I sew I listen to audio books and it really does help the time go along. I often find I'm so engrossed in the story that I forget all about the time and don't even realize that an hour or two has passed. It's definitely a good hand sewing trick and I recommend it to everyone now. I don't really know how I entertained myself during these hours of hand detailing before audio books (I don't generally listen to the radio). However did I keep myself entertained? I can't even imagine being without it now.

Anyhow, back to another shift of stitching..


BOM 2018, My Biggest Year Ever! 

Morning Glory is my current paid BOM. It's an applique and pieced quilt. 

You can start this BOM today! 

Simply click the quilt image to learn more.

To see some of the breathtaking examples that are taking shape, simply visit my Free BOM Group on Facebook where progress images are being shown all the time. It's a massive inspiration and I warn you, it's addictive!

4 comments:

  1. Your Morning Glory is gorgeous and yes, the hand stitching is well worth the time it took to stitch. I wasn't aware that Aurifil had a 12 wt thread for embroidery, though. Just recently found out about their embroidery floss that comes wound on wooden spools instead of wrapped in skeins like DMC. Have you had a chance to try out the 6-strand Aurifil cotton floss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it!!! Congratulations!!! Best regards. Fina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your touch of embroidery is perfect Esther and shows up those scollops so perfectly. Such a beautiful centre. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aurifil has also come out with an 80 wt applique thread. Esther, have you had a chance to give that a try?
    Your Morning Glory is so pretty! I love your color combinations and the extra touches only make it all the more special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...