Monday 24 September 2018

Morning Glory: Sewing Down The Centre

I've gone up a gear in my Morning Glory routine. With BOM 2019 right around the corner, I want this gorgeous quilt top finished and that means sitting down and sewing on. 

I'm stitching down my applique shapes on an old Bernina 440. This is actually my 'travel' and workshop machine but I'm still in between machines (can you believe it?!) so it got the job! I'm using a 37 size foot and stitching with Superior brand invisible thread. This is an extra fine polyester thread rather than a nylon. I don't use nylon threads because they melt under my hot iron - and I don't have time for that. 

My trick is to release the top tension and stitch in a small zigzag stitch with the invisible monofilament. 
There's so much sewing down to do 
I have to work in 'shifts'
So, it's 2 shifts down and a few more to go.. 


BOM 2018, My Biggest Year Ever! 

Morning Glory is my current paid BOM. It's an applique and pieced quilt. 

You can start this BOM today! 

Simply click the quilt image to learn more.

To see some of the breathtaking examples that are taking shape, simply visit my Free BOM Group on Facebook where progress images are being shown all the time. It's a massive inspiration and I warn you, it's addictive!

2 comments:

  1. Esther, I know this is old news, but I'm wondering if there is an update on your oh-so-expensive Bernina 800-series that you had so much trouble with. Did Bernina stand behind their product? I am so sorry for what you went through. I have two Berninas (both old) and about to buy a new one and I'd love to hear that you got some satisfaction from Bernina. I believe you got a "lemon" as we say in the States and I'm hoping they replaced it for you. Also wanted to thank you for your patterns and all the inspiration your blog has been for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Esther -- as usual, your Morning Glory is just taking my breath away. And if I was the president of Bernina, you would be my number one Brand Ambassador and I would have you sewing away for free on the TOL model of your choice. Thank you so much for sharing your art and skill with the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...