Thursday 18 February 2010

Where's the new BOM?

(stitching, testing, re-cutting...and stitching again)

It's coming...soon! AND it's another Stash Buster!
I take my BOM's very seriously and am currently in the process of checking and double checking the design. Although there are many new great fabrics on the market I would love to get my hands on - I am again limiting myself to my stash - because I know that like many of you, new fabric is just another few inches taken on the shelf. If I dont like the colours - I will just have to live with it.

The next BOM is pieced and appliqued and is a bed quilt.
This time around I am making the BOM ahead of time (with Red Delicious I was making it step by step with you) and I think I would rather be waiting at the finish line. Sometimes the months just flit by or are too hectic and I didnt love the last minute sewing to get the next block out on time. So this time, I am going for organised! (also, my DD who types up the Adobe instructions demanded that it be this way as she wasnt keen on my last minute habits either!)
The next BOM is coming along nicely, and I cant wait to share it.

When I do, it will be announced on this blog.

9 comments:

  1. I am on the edge of my seat waiting. Not like I have nothing else to work on, but still............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found you and will look forward to your BOM. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cetainly are looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful. Thanks for all your hard work for us!

    Cheers - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you tease! I'm looking forward to it and will be so grateful for it when it does come. Red Delicious was way out of my league, though I have it stashed for future use. Hopefully after my upcoming applique class (my very first quilting class!) I will feel more prepared to tackle projects of your caliber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo I can hardly wait. I am just now learning to applique so I will definitely be watching for your announcement.
    I can see having those deadlines every month might be a tad stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you are creating for us. It is so kind of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm like Pat, on the edge of my seat. I'm committed to it this year. Last year I managed to red work about um, two before Annie-Rose arrived and that was the end of that! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I applaud you for refining your presentation mode...art has many facets and enjoying life and enabling graceful living while you accomplish much is an art itself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...