Tuesday 24 May 2011

WIPs on Wednesdays

Those of you who are familiar with my blog will know that I used to post a (sort of regular) “Esther’s Occasional Quote For The Day”. I received an email last week asking me what had happened to my occasional quotes?? Well, nothing happened to them. Except that I have been somewhat sidetracked by my WIPs. You know how it is – blogging is a great resource, it allows you take a look into other quilter’s online journals. I do think of my own blog as an online journal…it helps me keep track of my work and lets me share what I think and do with a wide range of people.

Blogging also takes a lot of time and it’s a balance to decide between doing work and taking time out to share the work you are doing.

Something else has also struck me recently – there are so many readers out there doing their own thing. I have a modest following (498 and counting….this is wonderful) and I’d love to know at a glimpse, what you’re all doing! I know there’s a good range of interests out there – so I’m fairly confident that one thing we all have in common are Works In Progress (WIPs).

So from now on, Wednesdays on this blog
will be WIPs on Wednesdays.

What does that mean? I’m inviting you all to create a blog post regarding whatever it is you’re doing…that is, your WIP …and link to it on this blog every Wednesday. That way we can all get a snapshot of what everyone else’s WIPs are looking like. There are lots of interesting things out there, let’s share!

Ok, I know it’s Tuesday- I’m just eager to spread the word and hopefully inspire as many of you as possible to join in. Starting tomorrow…


WIPs on Wednesdays

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. I created my blog but haven't made any posts yet. The procrastination will stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Esther. My life is a little crazy at the moment, but once I get back into a routine, I look forward to participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea. I have a few WIP's at the moment, so it might be a rather long post, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esther I think this is a wonderful idea. I have a few in progress but have not had the time to really post about them. My poor blog is being neglected so this is the incentive to start blogging again!! thanks
    I have posted your button on the sidebar and can`t wait till Wednesday`s show

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this idea, I also have e few WIP's in progress. Your logo is on my blog. Tomorrow we 'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super. Hopefully I can fully participate soon but in the meantime I love seeing everyone's work. And Esther, thanks so much for your patterns and inspiration. You have helped my creativity return after a personally difficult year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...