Monday 31 October 2011

Festival Time: Hearts Desire




for once again organising this wonderful quilt festival. I always take part and look forward to meeting so many wonderful quilts and the stories beind them. It's getting better each year!

Usually I'm right in there from the very start on day one, but the month seems to be slipping away from me at the moment, so I'm glad theres still 5 days left to take part and enjoy.


My Quilt entry this festival is: "Hearts Desire"


I really love this quilt. It's still quite new to my stash and it's a quilt that I have always wanted to own, so having it finished feels really special.


You know, it was just one of those quilts I had to make!
It's an intense applique quilt, full of details that you want to concentrate on and perfect, piece by piece. Each block demands patience and skill. It's the kind of quilt that uses everything you know and then encourages you to try something new. I just love enjoying it.

Something I really enjoyed was embarking on this quilt with so many other quilters who were experiencing the blocks, month by month. Hearts Desire was a free monthly block of the month earlier in the year. Many beginner quilters started this quilt (and I'm pleased to add that they all did a fine job of finishing it too). We worked through it each month together, step by step.

For the applique, I used the applique freezer paper method throughout (tutorial on the side bar) and the end results speak for themselves.

This BOM is now finished.
You can purchase the pattern for this beautiful quilt here:

If you'd like to take part in the next free BOM, why not join my Yahoo Bom Group? (see side bar)

Thank you for stopping by my Festival Post!

23 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, congratulations:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job - this is so pretty there are no words. This is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt, and I've really enjoyed watching others working on theirs. Kudos, Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, amazing, stupendous, beautiful, awesome thank you for showing us such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love it Esther! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work Quil

    http://szabonemarika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very beautiful quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's still my favorite! I hope to buy some fabric soon, and start the next block...

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!!!!!
    Che meraviglia!!!!!!
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, it's a beautiful quilt and you did a awesome job...:>)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt. I like seeing the blocks in progress up close so you can appreciate the fabric choices and construction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning quilt - really exquisite. We can't get freezer paper here so I am having some delivered from amazon...can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful quilt all that applique is stunning, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am head over heels in love with this quilt. Appliqué is a personal favorite on mine I love the exquisite detail of your quilt in addition to the layering over a pieced background. Perfection extraordinaire!!!
    Have a great day,
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is an amazing quilt. Very striking. Great design and great execution of it.
    Come see my entries #29 miniature applique reproduction and #31 antique 1850 Bethlehem Star.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous quilt, - beautiful indeed! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Your work is amazing. I am enjoying your other work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your applique is gorgeous! Great quilt.

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello there my friend. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. exquisite as always! lovely, lovely quilt. thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...