Wednesday 19 February 2014

WOW: Pausing to Progress

 WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays 

This morning I'm hand sewing my remaining compass points. I've only stitched down four so far, it's time consuming and hard on my eyesight! It's also a fiddly technique and contains too many images to share during a WOW Linky Post so I'll upload it after the 48hr WOW period. I'm hoping to finish today as I have a busy week ahead and want my compass and ring to be finally completed. I'm eager to start on my flowers and vases and you'll see exactly why when I share images of the fabrics I have in mind - they're so charming.

I'm hoping that with the cooler weather that's finally arrived, I'll have more energy to work on LE and manage some real progress. I've had several perfect days to quilt all day lately but found I couldn't as it was just too hot and humid.

Speaking of the weather, this is a picture of a surprise rose. We've had a heatwave this last month and my garden is completely burnt. My DH was around the side of our house when he found a wild (?!) rose bush behind the garage - one I've never seen before. The roses were all dead and burnt except for this beauty, isn't it stunning? It smells wonderful too. I don't think it's a David Austin but I do wonder how full it might be if the weather was kinder. I'm thinking of transplanting it when the weather cools, it's just too beautiful to keep secret.


 What's Your WOW?


3 comments:

  1. I've been super busy with sewing projects this week!
    Monday at quilt guild I am taking a workshop with Lynne Hagmeier (Kansas Troubles designer) and learning a new applique method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rose, it deserves to be relocated and admired. I have a siz-lock bag where I'm putting all my pieces that I have from having to remake the pieces because they were to big or to small. LOL. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like my Abraham Lincoln which has a glorious scent to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...