Monday 6 October 2014

LE: This is What Just About Finished Looks Like


This magnificent quilt has been made by Narelle Birchall.


Narelle is an Australian  member of my Yahoo BOM Group and has been posting her progress pics over there for us to all enjoy. I do believe that Narelle is one of the first 'finished' LE quilt tops (and is the first as far as I am aware), so when I asked her if I could share this image below with you all - she very graciously agreed.

What can I say? I'm in love with it.

When I started Love Entwined: 1790 Marriage Coverlet, of course I knew that someone, somewhere would finish it. Eventually. And I knew that of those quilters, some would share their progress either through blogging it in steps here on this blog in the LE Archive Page (top of this page) or through messages and photos over in my Yahoo BOM Group.

But to actually see that someone has made it - and so soon- in line with the pattern, is remarkable.I mean, I should just point out that we aren't finished yet BOM wise - the pattern is still being released! She's obviously been working overtime on this wonderful, captivating and so so beautiful quilt.

 I am delighted. It's a real honour for me to see this quilt made. And many thanks to Narelle who has allowed it to be shown and shared.

I know there are many of you who read this blog and aren't making LE, and its always a curiosity to see how BOMs turn out so I know you'll be in awe of all this work! I am too. Never did I imagine that this quilt, in all its splendour, would be 'entering the world' so soon.

What more can I possibly say? Beautiful. 

20 comments:

  1. I love Narelle's LE and am in awe of her finishing it so soon. There are so many and varied versions coming along. I so hope all get finished, maybe not in 2014 but hopefully in 2015. Wouldn't it be wonderful for the finished quilts to do a world tour? If people chose to make it a coverlet then most quilt shows only accept the three layers........ Perhaps quilt shows need a new category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think a coverlet category is needed because they really do stand alone and quilters all over the world are making it and once its made - they're going to want to show it.

      Delete
  2. she did a wonderful job - I am still working on my center! and actually haven't done so in a long time - one day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and such a gentle colour scheme!
    I have the last borders ready to stitch but my machine is being serviced at the moment and I ma desperate to get on with it!
    Has anyone worked how many pieces there are in the pattern I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe! I am with Karen, still working on the center now and then between other projects. This one is so challenging it seems to fall last on the list of to do's. I can't believe she has it finished. All I can say is she must have been passionate about it to do so. It's a wonderful accomplishment. Someday, maybe. It took me 15 years to finish my Dear Jane. I'll try to do better this time. Thanks to Esther for the wonderful directions. Hope to see more inspiration down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, such talented quilters. Remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not participating on LE but have been following along. This quilt is beyond beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning quilt top! Congratulations to Narelle on this work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esther you couldn't say it better. It is so gorgeous! A stunning beauty. Well done Narelle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty!!!! Congratulations Narelle. And so fast, I'm stil working on edge 8. But we go trough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her sense of color is amazing. It is fabulous. Congratulations, Narelle. And thank you Esther for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Esther and everyone for your fantastic comments. It has been a once in a lifetime experience. Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful quilt bij Narelle! The colors are amazing, and it just looks so lovely! Congratulations to Narelle for this awesome work!
    Greetings from Holland from Mar

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in awe of Narelle's lovely quilt! So exciting to see one finished..I am itching to make my own, but my Dear Jane needs to be finished first. Started that in 2004, all center blocks finished and putting them together. Esther, you have created a work of art by creating a pattern for this very important historical quilt. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us...Missy in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Narelle ( coming over from Karen's to see your finish ) / amazing, stunning, an inspiration and masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't attempt this either, too many other projects, but what a gorgeous quilt! Well done, Narelle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing achievement.......and the time frame adds to that!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...