Friday 21 August 2015

Oma's Blues: Preparing Blocks for Border 4

This post relates to Part 9 of Oma's Blues
Released Sept 15th 
Before joining up your blocks to create Border 4, you will need to accurately trim them down to size. This is doubly important for Oma's Blues because connecting 72x blocks means accuracy must be key. Even just a few mms will make a problematic difference that will have to be corrected. It all adds up and with blocks like this, you need to know and have your eye on the measure.
 Each border 4 block must measure 6.5 x 6.5 inches precisely (6 inches is the finished block size)
 I've stacked my ironed blocks, ready for trimming
I'm using a turning cutting matt - it's like a lazy susan, it simply turns as I cut. In fact, it's so easy to use I have to take care that I don't cut myself with the rotary cutter! It takes pressure off my wrists and it speeds up the process, I love it.

Oma's Blues is my current FREE BOM. 
You can still join this free BOM right now - all parts are available over in my Group.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Esther,
    your turning cutting matt is great! I have to search for one.
    Greetings from Germany
    Marle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...