Wednesday 7 September 2016

WOW: Behind the Seams

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
The wedding is in 10 days and the dress isn't done. Am I busy today? Yes!

Here I am stitching up English coutil for a fitting whilst my DD tries out her new advanced foil snow jacket (she's getting married in the snow on a mountain top) and needs to stay warm in between dress shots! But first, she'll need a dress to stand in! It's been one thing after another with this dress and we only just purchased the last of the actual dress material on the weekend. So today, it's more work on the bodice which I'm boning. The lace has been been a big hassle with issues regarding the sleeves. I haven't had a moment to blog about it. My DD has been waiting around and kindly launching patterns for me by drawing them up on the computer while she waits, so it hasn't been unproductive but now we've entered the zone, She will be getting on a plane on the 15th of this month, so let's just say - I'm busy! Can't wait to share all the details with you soon...


What's Your WOW?

15 comments:

  1. I'm here hoping that everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG are you crazy Esther :) I thought you had months and months to get this dress done - I'd be a nervous wreck

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait to see the details, Esther! I love how your hair is standing on end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your cool, calm and collected attitude. Happy sewing. And congratulations to the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck, I'm sure you can do it. rather you than me - I'd be a gibbering idiot by now with all the stress and strain. But I'm sure you are made of sterner stuff, and your tailoring skills will see you through this challenge. I'm another who is eargerly awaiting seeing "The Dress".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought this wedding was far off with plenty of time.

    Oh my! Loved the title of this post, too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Esther I had a heart palpitation while reading this post. I pray that all goes well from here on in making this masterpiece. I am sure you have control of it all. Hugs and cant wait to see the end result. Hugs.... I hope this comment goes through..

      Delete
  7. Good luck for all seams 'right first time' over the next two weeks, Esther! That really is a tight deadline! Hope that you and your DD are enjoying the process!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a nervous wreck for her Karen LOL Im biting my nails worrying some thing will go wrong LOL Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! I know that it will all come together in the end. I hope we get to see those beautiful mountaintop dress photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Little Red Caboose didn't give up and made it to the top, and SO WILL YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still can't believe you're making a wedding dress!!! talented

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all is going well with your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, you like living on the edge, eh?!!! Cheering you on to the finish line, Esther! <3
    Can't wait to read all about your latest adventure. Sending all the Best of the Best to your DD! XOXO Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Mum made my wedding dress too ! such great memories, I still have my dress 36 years later and will never part with it. It's well worth every minute, everything will turn out great on the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...